Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Finally!

Yes, for once my annoying persistence has finally paid off!  I have been informed this morning that my trial surgery has been approved and if successful the insurance company has agreed to pay for the permanent surgery as well.  Woo hoo!  I could not be any more excited.  Now I have to get it scheduled.  I will try to keep everything updated here.  This only happened because 2 very nice people shared their personal information with me that was proof that the same insurance company as mine has paid for the same surgery for them.  After sending this they reviewed the info for about a week and they changed their mind.  It is sad that us patients who are suffering from so much pain have to go through so much to get relief.  Hopefully this is something that will finally help me get more of a normal life back.  I know it probably isn't a magic cure that will make me never have a headache again.  It is considered successful if you have 50% relief or more.  That to me sounds wonderful.  I believe I can handle daily life a lot better with a level 3-4 headache instead of 7-9.  We will just have to wait and see.  Wish me luck!

No comments: