Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy birthday to me

Well today was my birthday.  I won't be telling you my age although I will say that I can't say I am 29 anymore now that my oldest child is 17 (besides both kids now are saying Mom, how many years have you been 29 now).  Oh well.  I have such a wonderful family and friends that have tried really hard to make my birthday special.  I really do feel loved and I am trying to remember to be thankful for the great things I do have in my life like my family and friends instead of focusing on the pain.  I am afraid the struggle with chronic pain has led to a depression problem honestly.  The pain has just touched every aspect of my life and I am sick of it.  I want my life back.  I used to have fun.  I used to be a fun mom, fun wife, fun friend, fun everything.  Now everyone has to be quiet, lights can't be too bright, etc.  I decided to quit waiting on doctors to return my calls anymore.  I decided to call the Migraine Treatment Center back and I did.  I asked a ton of questions and actually the person I talked to was very nice and tried to answer all of my questions.  When she did not know the answer she was honest and said she would have to find out and would let me know.  Anyway, my point is I decided to take a more active role in my healthcare now instead of sitting back and waiting.  I have always been waiting for someone to call me back and I am just tired of it.  I want to get better and get back to having an enjoyable life.  So I am crossing my fingers and hoping that diving in will be the right choice.  I had to fax a copy of my insurance card and they are checking it out.  They did get an approval with my insurance company for another patient there for occipital nerve stimulator implant so I am very impressed now.  I think I gave myself the best present I ever have today, a chance at being healthy and happy again.

No comments: