Friday, January 6, 2012

Cervical epidural

The steroids kicked in this morning.  I was feeling much better early this morning.  Believe it or not, after that and after taking my medication (newly upped dosage starting yesterday), I had a few minutes with no pain!  It was awesome!!!  After about 3 hours I decided to go outside.  It is very sunny today.  My youngest daughter and I were walking the dog and the stabs just came on very intense.  It has been back ever since.  I am feeling sorry for myself now.  :-(   I wrote a desperate email to my neuro asking for help.  I am so sick of this whole illness.  It has been such a rollercoaster.  When the pain is better even for a little while then comes crashing back, it is so devastating not only to me but also to my family.  It is such a happy time when I feel like doing things, then all of a sudden I am going to bed with my ice pack because of the pain.  I really don't feel that I have ever done anything so bad in my life to deserve such an illness as this hemicrania continua.  Ok I will quit venting for now before I am totally wallowing in self pity here.  Hopefully I will hear something back from the doc soon.

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Tara, I always tell medical people that I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Mine runs in a 3-4 day cycle with intermittant ice picks of pain...still goes on with the ONS, but less so. Once a month totally out of hand no matter what.

Maybe the light triggered it or the walk?? I never could find a 'trigger' for me other than exercise of any sort. Walking or running a vacuum - any type of physical activity makes mine worse. It seems to be a common characteristic of the disease.

The ice pick stabs I get in bunches are no fun either. I am told there is no help for me on that since I can't do indomethacin. Hoping your injection helps a great deal!!

Unknown said...

Yes it was probably the light or the walk, or the combination. Both of those wreak havoc on my head. I was just so happy to feel better I stepped out to enjoy the day for a while hoping that would not happen. So even with the stim you still have the stabs??? Oh no I am really sorry to hear that.