Friday, June 21, 2013

My poor forgotten blog!  I have not updated in so long I am ashamed.  After my surgery I had such wonderful relief!  Unfortunately over the past few months lately I have been having many migraines again.  Gone still are the stabs so that is a huge victory in itself.  I am considerably disappointed from having so many migraines again though.  I am currently on day 7 of a daily migraine.  :-(   My rep from St. Jude is on vacation.  He did leave a number on his voicemail for another rep to call while he was out, but since he is going to be back on Monday I decided to wait and contact him since he knows my history, etc.  Hopefully he can make me some new programs that will zap away these hateful migraines!!  If not, I am afraid it will be back to the drawing board for the migraine portion.  I am NOT saying that my surgery was in vain.  It has been a HUGE blessing.  I do not have daily pain anymore as I did for years.  I have many, many headache free days, which was something I only dreamed of before the stimulator was implanted.  I have tried eliminating "trigger foods" but there are still 2 things that cause a migraine regardless of what I eat, do not eat, get enough exercise and sleep, etc.  They are weather changes such as barometric pressure drops before a storm system and hormonal fluctuations.  Nothing I can do about those two sadly.  Hopefully I will find an answer soon.  I did some research about areas with the most stable barometric pressure.  The 2 US cities with the most stable barometric pressure are Honolulu and San Diego.  I also found that the Atacama desert in Chile gets only about 1 inch of rainfall a year.  I tried to convince hubby we need to relocate but he is unconvinced as of yet.  My daughters on the other hand were very easy to persuade moving to Hawaii could be a good thing for the family!

No comments: